GAP Analysis - Ethernet for Automotive
The identification of requirements, potential problem areas, and gaps in specification, when Ethernet is implemented as a technology suitable for in-car networking, using experience from the implementation of new technologies in the automotive field, as well as evaluations already completed.
- Evaluation of Ethernet technology taking into consideration the requirements and processes of the automotive industry with emphasis on the following:
- Ethernet Physical Layer – interfaces and connections
- Architecture and network management
- Migration of system specifications
- Gateway requirements
- Integration of CE devices
- Security mechanisms
- Simulation, test and analysis tools
- Mapping und weighting of the evaluation’s results, as they pertain to:
- Partial systems
- Entire systems
Potential technological gaps and challenges in the specification, development, and system integration of Ethernet-based on-board networks were identified, and technical process-oriented solutions were suggested.